Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My nephew was involved in a crime where a person was shot and

Customer Question

my nephew was involved in a crime where a person was shot and killed. 4 people involved all shooting guns, he took an OPEN PLEA of third degree murder in exchange for helping identify the other suspects. I am told he will not get less then 20 years. It is a first offense, he is 20 years old and without his help the other suspects would still be on the street. This is in Pennsylvania. The person that was killed was not the intended target.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?