Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My husband is in the final process of getting a job

Customer Question

Hello, my husband is in the final process of getting a job (background checks), today, May 4th. He has a DAT for May 9th, next Monday. At the background check screening, he was told to try and get the DAT cleared up today...before. Will he be able to get the DAT cleared up today? The DAT was issued for parking his scooter on the sidewalk without a license plate.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.The only way to get it cleared up today would be to go down and pay it off and get proof it was paid and closed. Otherwise, they will make him wait until the May 9th date. Going in and paying would be the only way to clear it up immediately.