P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

A mortgage loan company asked my home insurance company to

Customer Question

A mortgage loan company asked my home insurance company to raise the coverage without my permission. Is that a crime or offense?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. There is no criminal statue that covers it is not a crime.Take a look at your mortgage to see if you agreed to provide insurance at a particular level...such language is common in mortgage loan contracts. If your contract does not contain such language you can contact the insurance provider and adjust the coverage. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.