Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I got fired today cause I stole around $1500 in cash over a

Customer Question

I got fired today cause I stole around $1500 in cash over a threw month period. I admitted to it, signed a letter stating I did it. But they fires me and let me go. They did not call the cops today. Should I be worried and what is next for me. Never stole beforw
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Criminal Lawyer will figure it out. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No it just happen today. I do not have money for a lawyer.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: No its my first offense. I only took money cause I am 3 months pregnant and I needed the month for rent and doctor bills and food as well as gas in my car. I was traveling an hour back and forth to work cause they didn't wanna transfer me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. I am going to be honest with you - it is completely up to them. If the money has been repaid, then they are less likely to file a complaint with the police. If the money has not been repaid, then they are more likely to file a complaint with the police. The same applies to them filing a civil suit for the money lost, which they CAN do. What someone in your situation want to do is to get an attorney and to have the attorney approach them and to negotiate a deal where in exchange for the money being repaid, they agree IN WRITING to drop all claims and forget that this matter ever happened. Hopefully, they will be willing to agree to this in lieu of seeking relief via civil or criminal court. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!