Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband has been on the run years. He was on county

Customer Question

My husband has been on the run for 2 years. He was on county probation and got a violation and broke an order of protection. If he pays all his probation fines off will they anull it or would he still have to do jail time?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am very sorry to hear about this situation. If he was violated and a warrant was put out for him, then even if he pays off all the probation costs, the warrant would not automatically be quashed. He would still have to turn himself in and have a hearing before the Judge. If his probation violation was simply not paying the fines in time (and he would have paid them all off by then), then the Court is likely to go easy on him and may at best extend his probation a bit (he did abscond from the Court's enforcement of the probation, after all). However if his probation violation was something else (breaking restraining order, etc), then he may face additional jail time, extended probation, and/or harder probation requirements. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!