Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law

How do I transfer my parole to west Virginia the easiest and

Customer Question

How do I transfer my parole to west Virginia the easiest and quickest. What steps should I cover before hand . I got my family there also I can have a job and home approved and ready asap. But I'm currently in Georgia parole
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I will help you with this. I have been an attorney for 26 years and a prosecutor for 9 years. The only way to do this (and the fastest) is to go to your parole officer. He or she will make the application in the computer database. There is a law called the Interstate Compact that allows this. This means Georgia and Virginia agree to participate in the transfer.A transfer is mandatory (Rule 3.101) under the following circumstances; (a) has more than 90 calendar days or an indefinite period of supervision remaining at the time the sending state transmits the transfer request; and(b) has a valid plan of supervision; and (c) is in substantial compliance with the terms of supervision in the sending state; and (d) is a resident of the receiving state; or (e) (1) has resident family in the receiving state who have indicated a willingness and ability to assist as specified in the plan of supervision; and (2) can obtain employment in the receiving state or has means of support. If you don't meet these conditions, you can ask for Discretionary ( 3.101-2) transfer if (a)Georgia makes a reqeusts and where acceptance in the West Virginia would support successful completion of supervision, rehabilitation of the offender, promote public safety, and protect the rights of victims. (b) The sending state (GA) shall provide sufficient documentation to justify the requested transfer.(c) The receiving state (W. VA) shall have the discretion to accept or reject the transfer of supervision in a manner consistent with the purpose of the compact specifying the discretionary reasons for rejection.Please let me know if you have more questions. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate me.