P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

My son who is 16 years old - created a fake face book page

Customer Question

My son who is 16 years old - created a fake face book page - then found "a picture" of a private part - and offered oral sex for pot. The school is now saying that he posted this picture and is calling in child porn. What should I do now - see a lawyer or let it play out - he was not arrested.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. The laws surrounding creating and distributing child pornography are quite severe...a conviction could result in a lifetime requirement to register as a sex offender. This in additional to possible jail time and other sanctions.So I would seek a local attorney to assist. The fact that there has not yet been an arrest is not legally relevant...the statute of limitations on this is several years (up to 5 if brought in federal court). I would urge you to have a local attorney help navigate this minefield you are now in Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.