Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience
16823287

I am buying a home in Nevada county and need to know if I am

Customer Question

I am buying a home in Nevada county and need to know if I am allowed to grow my own medical marijuana on my property .
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No money is an issue .
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: I will need to do more research , I just wondered if there was n
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: No just want to be within the guidelines of the law.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.
Answer: In January, the Nevada County Board of Supervisors voted 4-to-1 to implement an urgency ordinance that immediately prohibits outdoor marijuana grows and limits the number of indoor medicinal plants. However, the board also voted 4-to-1 to place this issue on the June 7 ballot to give county voters the option to uphold or discard that ordinance. So the issue is still up in the air.