Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

My car was stolen and im tryna get it back and it has a detective

Customer Question

My car was stolen and im tryna get it back and it has a detective hold whats that mean
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I had mine in mind but im barely gwttin back in town today and i have some legal issues to resolve
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: So i cant go to the police department and ask questions without them arrestin me for warrants
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This means that the police have a hold on the car as evidence in the theft. The only way to release the hold would be through a local attorney going through to the DA for the release, since you have warrants and you would indeed be arrested if you show up. So, you can get a local attorney to release your car through getting a DA's release.