Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

In a robbery case if the person that got robbed doesn't show

Customer Question

In a robbery case if the person that got robbed doesn't show at trial how can circumstantial case be tried?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. First, the DA will ask the Court for a continuance so as to possibly have the trial on another date, allowing the DA more time to get the witness. If the Court denies the continuance or otherwise the witness does not show, the DA can still try the case based on the facts entered into the police report, which can be used as evidence. If a police officer was called to the scene, they may also be asked to testify. However most times, the case would fail since the DA would be unable to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt without the main witness. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!