Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I've been incarcerated and battle addiction but have been clean

Customer Question

I've been incarcerated and battle addiction but have been clean and sober for over a year.
I live in Orange County Ca. I'm not a felon or a drug offender. I owe fees and fines to the court however when i go to pay and think i'm done paying, something else pops up and i owe more money. I'm a full time student and am living on student aid. This week alone
i've had to ask my mom to borrow over 3 grand and she can't afford it. Everytime i go into the clerks office, i'm told it's completely paid then the next day i suddenly owe anywhere from $500 to $800.00. What can i do? Thanks.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are going to have to file a motion for satisfaction of judgment in the court where you were convicted and you need to present proof of everything you paid to the court and not the clerk's office and ask the court to close the case and mark all of your penalties as satisfied. The judge is the one that can stop all of that for you.