Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Some one is living in my attic and because the complex peek

Customer Question

Some one is living in my attic and because the complex peek and found no,, they will not believe me this person is also drugging me this a long story. I need to talk with a lawyer and see if I have a case.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Unfortunately, without probable cause -- a reasonable belief that someone is living in your attic and causing you harm -- you are not going be able to get management or the police to take your complaint seriously. Probable cause does not take a great deal of evidence, but it does take some proof. This means that what you need to be doing is collecting hard evidence so that your building management and the police all see exactly what's going on the same way that you do. Without concrete evidence of these incidents, nobody is going to be able to help you. You should be taking photos and videos and/or recordings, for example. You may also want to utilize the services of a private investigator to find corroborating evidence of a person's presence in the attic and his drugging of you. With that, you should be able to change minds and get this person removed and arrested.Good luck!