Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Do i have to answer personal questions about my child and her

Customer Question

Do i have to answer personal questions about my child and her welfare to my probation officer?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. As a general rule, yes. A probationer has to answer any questions asked by the probation officer since the probationer is required to cooperate with the supervising officer. If you look at the "Terms and Conditions of Probation" that you signed there will be something in there about cooperation and the judges construe that as answering any questions they ask you. You could hire a lawyer and file a motion with the court asking to be relieved of this obligation but until the court states that you aren't required to answer specific questions, you are under an obligation to do so.