Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My sister was just caught shop lifting from target JA: The

Customer Question

My sister was just caught shop lifting from target
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: It happened yesterday and I don't believe she can afford it. She was told that she would receive a court date in the mail
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Well, she had been stealing from the same location for months and they had been tracking her
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: All we know is that we're both banned because I was with her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years and I was a District Attorney for 9 years. Please let me know what state you are in.Shoplifting laws differ between states but charge someone with a level of crime based on the value of what was taken. Can you tell me what was taken? Once you tell me the state and what the value was. I will give you information about what she is facing. Also, does she have any prior convictions?