legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

I was sentenced OVI. I have driving privileges that I

Customer Question

I was sentenced for an OVI. I have driving privileges that I want modified. I'd like to go to church for services and activities and the local rec center/gym. I have a letter from work saying they want me to lose weight and I'm on a weight management program so I'm hoping they give me the gym. I'd also like the park, so should I just ask for exercise. My employment allows me to use any of their many locations where they have a gym and I'm a member of my local rec center.The baliff office handles the driving privileges I plan to call them this afternoon to check where to send my request..
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.
What was your question please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the best way to ask for the above?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do they usually allow exercise driving privileges? What activities are usually allowed, while I'm asking?
For first time offenders, they will generally allow the individual to drive, provided a breathalizer was not refused - If the court puts restrictions on the license, they generally will allow a person to drive for employment, education, therapy (physical/mental) and religious purposes. They may choose to impose a curfew also. Declarations from people attesting to character, along with any proof of therapy can help persuade them.
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!