Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

When did the united nations re scammers? ie Judith selling

Customer Question

when did the united nations hire scammers? ie Judith Brown selling compensation checks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Scammers have been impersonating the United Nations at least as long as the internet has existed, and they probably did it by mail and phone before then. The UN is NOT affiliated with these people. If someone has contacted you online purporting to be with the UN and offering to sell you checks the belong to other people, that's illegal. Contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center and let them know.

Do not respond to these messages. It only puts you on the scam artists' radar. Once they know they have an active email account, they'll keep sending more and more fake offers, desperate to come up with something that will trick you.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.