Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law

If there where no changes of domestics violence at the time

Customer Question

If there where no changes of domestics violence at the time of the offense. But there was a cps report can someone be arrested at a later date.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years and I was a district attorney for 9 years.Yes. there could be an arrest at a later date. This is possible based on several factors:More evidenced is found that allows the detectives to prove the caseThe victim makes a decision to press chargesIn this case, CPS may report investigative findings to the police and ask for prosecutionPlease let me know if you have more questions. I will be happy to help you further. I would need more detail and the name of your state.If you are satisfied with my help, please rate my service.