Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law

My dad is on parole and 1 of the conditions was he could

Customer Question

hi my dad is on parole and 1 of the conditions was he could not be around any minors under 18 and he has had 2 other parole agents prior to the one he has now and both of those agents said it was fine to be around his grandkids and now this new agent is trying to violate my dad for being at my house for dinner because his granddaughter was also there which she always has can he violate him when the other agent allowed it
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years an I was a prosecutor for 9 years. Yes, technically his new parole officer could violate him. However, if an exception was made by his prior officers, he will not face a violation. It is really important that your father contact his previous parole officers and get them to verify that they allowed him to be with his grandchildren. If he already has this in writing from them, then he should show it to the new officer.It should also have been noted in his parole meeting records. The parole officers are required to keep progress records when they meet with parolees.Please let me know if you have more questions. I will be happy to help more. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate me using the stars on your screen.