RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

How can they put a felony warrants without having any

Customer Question

How can they put a felony warrants for me without having any court dates for me. Dose that mean they are charges im already charged with meaning i fet no court and im basically f**ked or is it a warrant cus they want me to go to jail and i wont be able to bail out??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. A warrant means that a judge has found probable cause (typically upon the testimony or sworn affidavit of the police) and that you are subject to arrest. A prosecutor can still, following arrest add charges, downgrade charges, or dismiss charges. Following arrest, you will have your first appearance before a judge within 48 hours, where the issue of bail can be addressed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So i have to be arrested to get a court date?? I wont be able to contact a laywer to have them contact court and get me one, and if i were to pay a bail?
A lawyer might be able to arrange for you to turn yourself in versus the police arresting you, but you have to be booked in before your can be given bail and arrested before a prosecutor will review the matter and determine what to actually charge you with (because as I said, what you are arrested on and what you are charged with may end up varying -and only the prosecutor's office can officially file charges against a defendant) and before the court will assign a court date.
Your complete satisfaction is my goal. If you need additional information or clarification about my answer, please reply, and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts such as myself are compensated on this site for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to leave a rating. Thank you.