N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

If i have a felony warrant arrest in a differnt county

Customer Question

If i have a felony warrant for my arrest in a differnt county will they come to my house to get me? And or get a search warrant for my house??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I cannot predict what will happen, but what can happen is they could get a search warrant for your house and then execute the arrest warrant there. Or you could be arrested on the warrant if you are stopped for any unrelated reason such as a missing brake light. If that happens, your vehicle can be impounded. The best thing to do in this situation is to line up an attorney who can arrange for you to peacefully surrender on the arrest warrant and set it up so you will get a prompt hearing on setting bail. You can get free consultation from some of the primal defense attorneys listed by location here. I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would they put out a warrant but no court date?? And not let me know i had charges against me dose that mean that they want me in jail and i will have a high bail cause both charges are felonys even tho they are bogus and they are untrue how can they charge me with something i never did or was never there for?
A court date is not set with the arrest warrant since they do not know when you will be arrested. Generally they have to bring you before q judge within 3 days of an arrest. I suggest having a local attorney find out what exactly the warrant is for and to make arrangement for a peaceful surrender and a prompt bail hearing. People subject to an arrest warrant are not usually notified until the arrest is made. I suggest that you go over the facts with a local attorney who can advise you. We cannot give specific advice and I don't know enough of the facts to advise you even if I were allowed to do that. All I can say is that the preferred method of dealing with an outstanding arrest warrant is to have an attorney make arrangement for a peaceful surrender.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do they put out warrants and not tell people though
Because some people would leave the State if they knew there was an arrest warrant.