Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Got arrested and had charges in two different parishes I have

Customer Question

Got arrested and had charges in two different parishes I have been bonded out of this parish for 10 days and the other parish has been to get me several times they want release me cause they saying have probation violation. Hold with no bond .. But when u call that parish they don't have that warrant yet .. How long before this parish has to release me
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A probation violation is something that is a bit different from other charges. If you have a probation hold on you, which is why they will not release you to the other parish, you are going to need to get your attorney to contact your probation officer and then file in court for your release. They can hold you for probation violation actually for up to the full term of your original sentence, since it is not a new crime, it is for a crime you have already been convicted of and sentenced on. So you have to get your attorney to contact probation and get your release through a motion to court.