Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am a web developer and have a merchant account with my

Customer Question

I am a web developer and have a merchant account with my local Bank. My company has provided web services for an international fortune 500 corp. The agreement was to pay a deposit to start the services and spread the remaining payments over a certain period of time. I received a Deposit and several payments thus far with credit cards. All of those payments were successfully authorized with no fraudulent activities known. My local Bank however claims all 5 payments came back showing fraud, claiming the customer is disputing the transactions. I received several letters from merchant services denying any detailed information as to what happen. Today I received a Chargeback Debit advice and to provide documentation along with my explanation. My Bank merchant services is holding me responsible for all transactions that they claim have been returned but of which I have no proof. My question is how should I respond and what kind of documentation should I provide and is there a standard letter to contest chargebacks? Also, am I responsible for the total amounts that have been debited from my account as I have been told. should I file a separate police report?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the customer yet regarding this matter, since if they are Fortune 500 company they will respond to you? That is the first step here.
What does your contract with your client say about choice of law and suing for breach of contract?