Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

If I was incarcerated at the time of a court date, should i

Customer Question

If I was incarcerated at the time of a court date, should i be held accountable for missing it? All of last year (from 1/15 - 12/17 ) I was in custody of the DOC. Now recently I was pulled over and was taken in because of a FTA, saying I was supposed to have been in court 7/15. As I recall these charges, juvenile charges, were dropped and I had no more court dates.. Judge change may have messed up the system, but I'm on probation now for adult charges, even went to court days prior to this arrest (which resulted in me losing my job) but I'm wondering was it legal for me to be placed under arrest for this?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
And is there anything I can do to get my job back?
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. I am sorry to hear of the situation you are in because of this apparent mix-up regarding your Failure to Appear warrant. May I ask, what happened after you were arrested as a result of this warrant? Did you appear in Court and were informed that there was a mix-up and release?