Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My ex-husbands company/union (who he still works knows

Customer Question

My ex-husbands company/union (who he still works for and knows the owners personally) made it possible for him pay child support/maintenance when he wants to and not according to the court order, of garnishment, this has been happening for 4 years now. They also made it possible, for him to take 11K out of our annuity without my consent or knowledge. I spoke to their Director of Finance to get to the bottom of the matter and I was subsequently, yelled at and hung up on. I would like to bring charges against his company. Do I have a case?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: If that question was for me the answer is no.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You do not have a case against them under criminal law. You have a case against both your ex husband and the company for violating the garnishment order, which is brought by filing a motion for an order to show cause for contempt of court and you would bring it against both your ex and the company and bring them both into court on your claims they are conspiring to not abide by the court garnishment order and you can seek monetary damages against the company and your ex for them purposely avoiding the garnishment order and not abiding by it.