Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need help on the abuse of plea bargain of the criminal

Customer Question

Hello! I need help on the abuse of plea bargain of the criminal defendant. PBL Case VI: Abuse of plea bargain (plea negotiation) advantages by criminal defendants.
Key question: How can we retain a plea negotiation or plea bargaining system (with potential benefits such as increased efficiencies) without having criminal defendants in serious crimes (e.g. leader in organized crime ring) get lesser punishments than legislatures intended or the public would want?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Can you provide some details to put your question into context?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sure. I need to know both the legal problems and solutions of plea bargains from the perspective of the defense. In particular right now, I need to know as many reasons as possible how the defense can abuse their power
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. Does this involve an actual case? What has transpired in that case, or is this a class assignment of some sort? I am having trouble with understanding what you mean by abuse of plea bargain. The prosecutor and not the defense has control over plea-bargains. Can you give me an example of what you would consider abuse?