Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My grandson is 22 . He broke in and robbed a small corner

Customer Question

My grandson is 22 . He broke in and robbed a small corner store when he had just turned 17. He and those with him took no money but lots of candy, energy drinks and cigarettes. They also destroyed the security system worth a lot of money. He was unable to pay his probation officer and fines and ended up going to a place in Brownsville where they were suppose to help him get a job and pay his fines , etc. They never paid anything and he lost his job because he had trouble sleeping and fell asleep on the job. He became so frustrated he walked out and so they took away his opportunity for expungement . He ended up serving 18 months in a facility in Brownsville and then San Antonio. He is having so much trouble finding a job because of this felony record. Is there any chance of him having this expunged and is he able to own a shot gun if he keeps it on his property and doesnt transport it anywhere?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. He had a court appointed lawyer during the incident
JA: Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: The kids robbed the place once before. Said it was so easy they did it again. Thats when they became suspects and he eventually confessed
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello How long ago did all of this happen? In what US state did this occur?