Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Can a visiting sex offender from Idaho stay at a residence

Customer Question

can a visiting sex offender from Idaho stay at a residence that is very close to a school
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: visiting adult male from Idaho - visiting California
JA: Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: what are the rules for California on where a sex offender can stay/visit
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When visiting CA, you must not only abide by all of the sex offender laws and restrictions, including not living or staying anywhere within 1/2 mile of any school. In addition to abiding by the rules in CA, if you are in CA more than 5 days, you must register with local law enforcement. Here are the CA Sex Offender regulations and restrictions: http://californiarsol.org/lawsbystates/states/rsol%20california%20reg%20reqmnts%20140406.pdf