Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Traffic Question: how can I get an extension traffic

Customer Question

Traffic Question: how can I get an extension for a traffic ticket when the offense was out of the city where I can go AND I can't find the ticket?? (I was driving from LA to Lake Tahoe California
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.If you do not have the ticket and do not know where you are to appear in court, then I suggest you can click onto this LINK and run your name is ***** ***** court database and see if you can come up with information on the ticket. Then you will want to contact the clerk of the court and get instructions for sending a written request for a continuance.
Other than that, you would need to ascertain what county you were in and then contact the traffic court clerk in that county to get a copy of your ticket. The process for requesting a continuance is to make a written request. But do not assume just because you make the request it has been granted. You will need to check back with the clerk to see if the judge has allowed it.