ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Hey, if I respond to an internet ad , never

Customer Question

Hey, if I respond to an internet ad for prostitution, never show up, never take any money out, never go beyond the initial response of asking, how much and what do you offer is that solicitation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. It's not anything that would be prosecuted. The reason is that it's very unlikely that an intent to solicit would be present. There'd have to be specific elements, including a clear "I will pay $X (or something of value) in exchange for sex". If there's any ambiguity, there could be reasonable doubt. Furthermore, police almost always use these as a "sting". They let the "johns" come to them. They almost never go out and arrest people who solicit online but don't actually show up. It's unlikely that a response would be sufficient to support a conviction of solicitation in the first place, but it's also unlikely that they would pursue it if it could. So if I were you, I wouldn't worry at all about it. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)
Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?
My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!