Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

While we were traveling I reluctantly agreed to let

Customer Question

While we were traveling for work I reluctantly agreed to let the cost of rental vehicle's to be put on my debit card, I eventually reached a point where I explicitly said no more us using Debit card. He sent another employee to pick up another rental and was to be put on the other employees cardd. However, once he found out the cost was going to be significantly higher, he instructed the other emplee to te) the rental company to go ahead and charge it to my card again without asking my permission. The only way I found our was the employee called me and informed me.
I was extremely upset but had no choice to allow it because we needed the other vehicle badly to complete our job.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, What is your question with regard to this situation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I forbid the boss to use my debit card anymore, however, behind my back he told a different employee to rent the next vehicle on my card. Through only wa I found out was,because the employee called me and let me know. I had to eventually use my card anyway or we would not have been able to complete the job. What action can I take against him for giving permission to use my card after I told him the day before that I would no longer allow my card to be used for car rentals
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. The unauthorized use of your card is a criminal offense. You can report him to the police. Tell the police that you wish for him to be prosecuted for his crime. That is one way to handle this situation. Another way would simply be to sue him in small claims court for the return of the money he charged on your card. That way, you could get your money back but not subject to him to an arrest and a possible criminal conviction.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to sue him for illegal intent to charge my card after I told him the day before I would no longer allow this.He was also supposed to have sent me an expense card for just such incidents.
He sent a card with no money and no pin number.
I want to sue him for the conspiring to steal from me. I have another question I asked you guys long ago and have heard nothing back. I am a licensed journeyman electrian and he needed my license to be able to perform the type of work we were hired to do. I was the only team member whom had the license. But when I went away for a,week vacation he instructed the other employees whom have no license to perform the work anyway while I was not there. In the process they blew up a relay. Before I left I forbade all of them from doing any electrical hookups while I was not present.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have money for call.
I was able to stop the transaction before the car was charged to my card. Didn't you read it at all. I eventually had to use the card myself because we had to have the vehicle to complete the job. The whole point was that I forbid him from us using my card anymore but he told a different employee to yell hertz to run it through on my card anyway. I was able to stop this because the employee alerted me in time. But if he had not told me hertz would have run it through without my knowledge.Now please answer the whole questions and the other question about my professional license
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is anyone going to respond to my question about the use of my professional license. Or is this all a scam to get me to call in and pay you $60 for same answer.
Please help me
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry for the delay but I had other customer follow ups that I attended to in the order they were sent, before I could get back to you. Phone calls are optional. We can proceed on this question thread and there is no need for you to pay more. Thank you for clarifying. If you didn't sustain any damage from his use of the card -- that is -- he used it without your permission but it did not cost you any money, you cannot sue him civilly. You must sustain actual economic damage or personal injury as a direct result of his actions for you to have a civil suit. But you could still try to get him arrested for the unauthorized use of his card, because whether you sustained damages or not, you did not give him the right to use it. That act is criminal. The question about the use of your license is an entirely separate question and not a criminal law question at that. I see that you posted that as a separate question, and that it has not been answered yet. It is very early in the morning. When an employment lawyer who can tell you your remedies comes on line, I am sure he can detail the remedies you'd have.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Help was Insufficient
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.
I cannot answer a question in an area of law I do not practice. I picked this question up because it was a criminal law matter. And I answered the criminal question that you posted. If you're not happy with the response because you think it was insufficient, you can reply with additional information or with a follow up question so that I can add more information to help you better. Otherwise, you can contact***@******.*** for the return of your deposit. Have a good day.