Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I recently was charged with soliciting a prostitue and payed

Customer Question

I recently was charged with soliciting a prostitue and payed a fine and pled guilty, but did not fully grasp what I was doing or that representation was warranted. What can I do? I fear I may have rushed to a plea. Can it be expunged??? I have never been in trouble and need advice.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was involved in a police sting in Arizona. I had no idea I could have an attorney and pled guilty. I made a huge mistake. Please help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney. I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I clear my record of the offense?
Thank you for your follow up.Unfortunately, criminal conviction cannot be expunged or sealed under current Arizona law and here is the link to the law that applies to expungements:http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/04051.htmI am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.