Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I live and work in AZ. I work trucking and was brought

Customer Question

Hi I live and work in AZ. I work for a trucking and was brought into my managers office and was told that one the of employees filed assault charges on me. I am a female supervisor and the male employee said I chest bumped him. The male employee is 6'5'' tall and probably weighs 250lbs. I am 5'51/2 140 lbs soaking wet. There were witnesses and they both state that I did not intentionally touch him. The companies HR department has been notified and though my manger is the only one that talked to me I have not heard from anyone. What recourse do I have if any.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Your best option is to contest the charges (and any subsequent potential ramifications). You have witnesses, which is a good thing. I suspect he does not. In addition, the fact that there is such a size discrepancy between the two of you is helpful - it essentially strains credulity that YOU assaulted HIM. What's interesting is that there's not mention of criminal charges being filed... and that again is likely because his allegations strain credulity. Also, how does someone who is a foot shorter actually chest bump him - chest to belly? It logistically doesn't make sense and the more you point out ridiculous aspects of his story, the better. Frankly, if you wanted to turn around and claim assault charges against him, I suspect those would be more likely to succeed (though, obviously, don't allege anything that didn't happen). Also, if you're concerned for YOUR safety at this point, I would encourage you to let HR know that. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.