Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I was pulled over tint in PA. It was my girlfriend's

Customer Question

I was pulled over for window tint in PA. It was my girlfriend's birthday and she was in the passenger seat as I was driving. She was intoxicated somewhat, but I was not. I had one beer earlier in the night at her parents and my girlfriend spilled her drink on me in front of everyone. Anyhow, the officer came to the car window and asked if I knew that window tint was illegal. I replied I did not. After conversing and not saying anything self-incriminating he asked me to step out of the car because he smelled alcohol. I complied politely and acted appropriately to the officer's requests. I took the field sobriety tests (finger-nose, ABC, straight-line walk, and foot 6 inch test). Overall, I did very well on all of them. I was told to do a breathalyzer; almost forced, but I declined because I was told during a previous DUI to reject both the blood work and breathalyzer because they are only used to self-incriminate. Still, I was arrested for DUI. I was released quickly and the police officer was very nice and trying to give me advice. I never admitted to drinking anything more than that one beer because that is ALL I drank. Now, I'm worried that I'm going to loose my job I worked so hard to get, leave my girlfriend and our new house behind, and face serious jail-time for a 3rd DUI in 10 years. I'm furious though because unlike my past DUIs which I plead guilty to, I am innocent. My first DUI was in 2006. My second was in 2008.
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have consulted a couple lawyers, but I want the one with the most experience and best record.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: My car has the ignition interlock system installed on it. Technically, I should not have been driving my girlfriend's car which I regret now.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.What information can I provide for you? What are your questions in this regard, please?