Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My name is ***** *****, I am hear on behalf of trying to figure

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, I am hear on behalf of trying to figure out if i am able to purchase a firearm for hunting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I was convicted of a simple assault 8 years ago and, about two years ago I tried purchasing a firearm at a scheels but, I was denied. For the last 2 years I have been doing my own research trying to understand why I am not able to carry a firearm...Not publicly but for sporting.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Did the assault involve "family violence"? Also, how long was the possible sentence? (not the actual sentence but, worst case scenario, how long could you possibly have gotten with the charge) I'm only going to be online a few more minutes so if I miss you this evening I will pick up and continue tomorrow morning.