Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I got a phone call from a detective yesterday and he wanted

Customer Question

I got a phone call from a detective yesterday and he wanted to interview me about a theft at my old job that happened "a while ago". I don't recall anything that happened at my old job. I talked to an attorney and he advised me to go and talk to the detective unless I am guilty of something bring an attorney...; I just need a second opinion.
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I would caution you before speaking to any detectives without an attorney present. I'm not encouraging you to get an attorney, but speakin gwith a detective without one present could potentially get you into trouble. Unless you truly feel like you had no involvement in anything remotely bad, speakingwith them will NOT help you in any way AND could get you into trouble. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.