Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Few days ago got a strange letter from Nigeria from Western

Customer Question

few days ago got a strange letter from Nigeria from Western Union bank could get $2,050000.00 based on the attached from. The person told me that will get $6000.00 per day. In my mind it was to good to be truth, but he asked me in advance to pay him $172.00 process fee , I delayed, didn't have a good feeling about it ; he is going to call me how much I can send him, a personnel from the Western Union bank in Nigeria whom I got the letter.
The following attached letter give u a better understanding.
Dear Beneficiary,
After proper and several investigations and research at Western Union and Money Gram
Office,we found your name in Western Union database among those that have sent money
through Western Union and this proves that you have truly been swindled by those
unscrupulous persons by sending money to them through Western Union/Money Gram in the
course of getting one fund or the other that is not real.
In this regard a meeting was held between the Board of Directors of WESTERN UNION,MONEY
GRAM,and the FBI alongside with the Ministry of Finance,As a consequence of our
investigations it was agreed that the sum of Two Million and Fifty Thousand United States
Dollars (U.S.2.50,000.00) should be transferred to you out from the funds that The United
States Department of the Treasury has set aside as compensation payment for scam victims.
This case would be handled and supervised by the FBI.We have submitted your payment file
to them so that your funds can be transferred to you. Contact the Western Union agent
office with your information such as:
Your names------------
Your address----------
Your occupation and position--------
Your mobile number---------
A scan copy of your ID-------
Kindly:Contact Rev.***** ***** through this information below for your payment:
Contact Person:Rev.***** *****.
Address: Western Union Post Office,Lagos Nigeria
Note:Your payment file will be returned back to the Ministry Of Finance Lagos
Nigeria(Head office)and United States Department of the Treasury within 72 hours if we
did not hear from you,This was the instruction given to us by the authorities that
approved your fund.
Remain Blessed.
James Muller11
This is the letter. know u have a good understanding to review it .
I like to know your oppenion about the matter.
Thank you very much.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon sir: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. First thing is first, have you sent this "person" any money yet?