Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

I have a friend who was arrested in Colorado Texas

Customer Question

I have a friend who was arrested in Colorado for a Texas parole violation. How long will Colorado hold for extradition if Texas does not pick him up
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Generally, another state will detain someone on an out of state parole violation for up to 30 days, but in some cases if request is made by the state that has issued the warrant, the violator might be held longer.If Colorado holds the out of state violator for more than 30 days, then a local criminal defense attorney can be hired to represent the violator and this attorney can fild a Habeas Corpus motion with the court.I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I know Texas will hold for only 10 days. Looking for info related directly to Colorado. Thanks!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.