Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My name is ***** ***** and I'm curious of this charge JA:

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I'm curious of this charge
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My fiance took my car and did not bring it back. I had to involve the law. The detective told me that it would be a misdeamenor charge and now he was just booked in and it is a felony even though the detective wrote it out as a misdeamenor with a felony charge. He has court in the morning and he said the officer said it was best to be there. I don't want charges brought upon him most definitely felony charges. What do I need to do?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney. I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.