Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Received a violation from a park ranger in Yosemite

Customer Question

Received a violation from a park ranger in Yosemite for possession of marijuana and possession of controlled substances that I have an active prescription for (before and after receiving the violation which at the time the prescription was out of the bottle; it was in a traveling case and it was Thanksgiving weekend). Also a third violation for possession of xanax, not mine nor do I recall claiming the xanax was mine to the park ranger. It was however my passenger's contraband that she unfortunately does not have a prescription to. Appearance in court is next Tuesday what should I expect?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No, connect please.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. Would you mind sharing with me what sentence the court imposed, for your previous possession charge?
Is the passenger willing to testify that it was hers?