Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband is a convicted sex offender. He was charged 20 years

Customer Question

My husband is a convicted sex offender. He was charged 20 years ago served his time was released in 2006. went back because of visiting illinois 3 times because of his son. they told him he failed to register in Illinois . even though was a resident of Missouri. So, now he resides in Illinois with me he was released finally March 29, 2016 we were married March 21, 2016. The New State P.O. they for some reason decided that it was o.k. for him to have supervised visits with his youngest son and his mother but I can't even have my grandchildren there at all. Nor as a online law and business student and author have the internet with a filter or computer period in my home. I am a Minister and this Man that i have married yes, has a past, but he is not this monster or a child. nor is his "victims" to scarred (if you only knew what I really meant) that his life after 20 years of being reformed and doing everything and beyond to improve himself his thinking and his quality of life. only to be referred to as "you guys" and talked to and treated as if he was a child and not 44 years old. Never in all my years have I ever seen such a blatent abuse and disrespect of authority. Is there anything we can do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry, but I do not understand your question--anything you can do about him being talked down or about restrictions on what you can have or not have at home. Kindly clarify. Kindly ask specific question. Thank you for your cooperation,