Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

There was a no contact order following a dv case /w my husband

Customer Question

There was a no contact order following a dv case b/w my husband and i. March 18, 2016. create appearance yesterday. my husband is saying " the court" still will not lift no contact order until after next court date end of month. My attorney said husband called him yesterday and was informed of what he needed to do within court system to have it lifted so I may return home. my attorney also, said he didn't say, but didn't seem that interested. Previously during day husband thru someone else wanted me to know he went to Prosecutors office and made attempt, but court said no. Seriously, I do not know who to believe, and I am unhappy with my attorney legal representation thus far. (yes I am changing attorneys). DV case I m 56, no priors. PLEASE help answer. I am nervous about calling court myself, due to bringing too much attention to me.
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Is this a criminal case where you are the defendant and your husband the complainant? Or is this order a civil law matter? In what US state?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ohio. I am defendant. yes husb. but is state of Ohio vs me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did not know there was a charge for this service, I did not agree to terms also DID NOT GIVE MY SECURITY CODE ON BBACK OF CREDIT CARD
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.
This is not a free service and the site has already likely charged you a deposit. If you're not interested in proceeding, please contact***@******.***, which is the site's customer service address. They can refund your deposit if you wish them to.