Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I want to know why can't my fiance bond out? he has got two

Customer Question

I want to know why can't my fiance bond out? he has got two cases and one has a bond and the other one does not, and I was told by a bail bonds man that they had to be the same. meaning that they both have to have a bond, is it true??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Yes, the bondsman told you the truth. Bail or bond must be available on both of his cases if he has two cases. Otherwise, there's no point in bailing him out on the one, because he will be held in on the other. For instance, if one of his matters is a parole or a probation hold, he's been violated. There would be no getting him out on bond with that hold. Why was no bond set on the second case? Is it an out of state case, or a case for which he's on probation or parole?