Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have a felony burglary ( was young intoxicated passed out

Customer Question

I have a felony burglary ( was young intoxicated passed out in the wrong car 🙈🔫) if I get this sealed will I be able to get a cosmetology lincense in illinois?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** Illinois attorney, and I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. First and foremost, what was the outcome of the offense (for instance, straight probation, TASC/410 Probation, IDOC time?)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Probation and counciling
Thank you for that information. Now, without more detailed information, it is difficult to give you an exact and accurate response as burglary is a Class 2 felony (which is not expungable or sealable). Furthermore, without knowing the exact type of disposition, it would also be difficult to give you an exact response (as there is a huge difference between regular probation and TASC or 410 probation). If you did not receive TASC or 410 Probation, then you are a convicted felon for an offense that cannot be expunged or sealed. The only way to have this information removed from your background is by filing an Executive Clemency Petition that the governor decides on. However, if you did receive TASC or410 Probation, and it was successfully completed, then you do not have a conviction which makes it eligible for expungement and sealing, which would not affect any professional licensing.