Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

C****, an I have a question an hoping

Customer Question

Hello my name is B*** C*****, an I have a question an hoping I can resolve my problem. I have a misdemeanor domestic. My question is how can I get this misdemeanor domestic off my record. Misdemeanor domestic violence conviction ( 273.5 PC, 243 (E) (1) PC convictions over 10 years old) - Federal Brady Act. This happen way before they passed the Brady Law, the Brady Law passed in 93-94 my incident happen in 89-90. I would love to hear from anybody who can please help. Sincerity Beto Corral
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, You can apply to get your misdemanor convictions expunged. California is pretty generous about that. Your state even provides its own self-help center and if you navigate it -- it's a little tricky -- it will walk you through the whole set-aside process from assessing your eligibility (you should be eligible) through the expungement itself. All of the forms are there and can be downloaded right from the state site. Here is the link.When you use the self-help link above and get to the home page, click on "Criminal Law" from the column on the left. Then click on "Cleaning your Criminal Record," scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the links and expand them so that you can see all of the steps.Expungments are one of the few legal processes that do not require a lawyer's assistance. Hope this helps.