Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My warrants also say surrounding states only,, theft by deception,,

Customer Question

My warrants also say surrounding states only,, theft by deception,, retail theft, paraphernalia, , and possession of 8 bgs of heroin,,, intentions where hi live,, I've skipped every hearing,, why haunt they come knocking at my door,, it'd been 7 months the warrants have been active
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Are you wondering why they haven't arrested you? Many times police simply don't have the manpower or the resources to find everyone who has skipped their court dates. So they prioritize. Non-violent offenders are not the same risk to the community as violent offenders, so there's less of a rush to find you than to find others. Besides, police know that sooner or later, you're likely to turn up. YOu'll get stopped for a traffic offense, for example, or turn up to renew your driver's license where a clerk may call the police. Or you'll get rearrested for a brand new offense. In short, maybe they'll come looking for you, and maybe they will just wait for you to find them.