Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

How do I respond to application conceal carry permit that

Customer Question

How do I respond to application for a conceal carry permit that has been suspended because of a mistemeaner offense 47 years ago ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was the misdemeanor for domestic violence?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Please don't make me guess what the conviction was for.

Also, what state were you convicted in?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The charge was exposure , may 1969 in ohio.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

An exposure misdemeanor (47 years ago) is not grounds for the denial of a conceal carry permit under Ohio law. You will want to appeal the denial of the permit. Here is the law:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am a Florida resident. I applied for the permit here in fl.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in.
Please tell me, were you DENIED the application all-together? Or was it approved, but then the right suspended later? Did you mention the misdemeanor conviction on the application?