Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

My name is ***** *****. I am looking

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** *****. I am looking for information on a harassment citation on received last night
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was at a casino last night with a group of friends. We all had a quite a bit to drink including myself. Walking by a attractive female I pinched her but and she didn't appreciate it. After she hit me multiple times with her purse police were called and I was issued a harassment citation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What can I expect from here by getting this harassment citation? Is this citation worth fighting even if I admitted to doing this?
What state are you in?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pennsylvania
In PA Harassment is covered by statute 2709 which you can see at http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.027.009.000..HTM It is most likely going to be charged as a "summary offense" and the maximum penalty for a summary Harassment conviction is 90 days in jail and/or a $300.00 fine. However, if you don't have a criminal record you will most likely receive probation and a fine, no actual jail time.
One reason to consider fighting this is that some employers will look unfavorably on this if they do a background check.
.