Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My boyfriend missed a parole appointment accidentally then

Customer Question

My boyfriend missed a parole appointment accidentally then called his po and was told to come in next day but didn't now he can't get ahold of his po left 2 messages and called 4 times but no answer or call back...what is goin to happen?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.

His parole officer is likely going to violate him. The first missed appointment may have been an accident, but his parole officer gave him the benefit of the doubt and told him to come in the next day, and he didn't. That's going to look intentional unless he has a good excuse.

His parole officer isn't getting back to him again because he already knows what his parole officer is going to tell him. He has to get in there, and the longer he waits, the better the chance that parole is going to violate him. In fact, parole may want to violate him for missing the second appointment when he was specifically told to come in. But at least if he comes in quickly he may get a short term sanction rather than risk a revocation of his parole altogether.