Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Can i be charge again after i pled no contest to the state

Customer Question

Can i be charge again after i pled no contest to the state for voilateing no contact order and they agred put me back on felony probation if i agree to pled no contest can they charge me again for the same charge
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Not for the same incident. As an example, if they say you contacted the person on July 1 and July 2 and you pled to a violation for July 1 then they could still charge you for July 2 but if you pled to July 1 and July 2 then they couldn't charge you for either of those dates again.