CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I'm ***** ***** a criminal arrest warrant battery was mailed

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** ***** a criminal arrest warrant for simple battery was mailed to me for a hearing. Should I be worried and will i need a lawyer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My children's fathers said I pushed a car door onto his arm The car door was in my way and I indeed pushed it. But not to cause harm and no damages or bruises made
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 months ago.
If the State filed charges then you should be concerned. I say this because you have no way of knowijg what he alleged and will need to defend this. It is always in your best interest to retain legal counsel but if you can not afford to you will need to ask to be appointed the public defender. You may have to defend this and testify as to the issue with the door. Even though it was in your way if you intended the move it and it hit has hand then you could be liable.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Magistrate court
Did you have a follow up question ?